Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CNY Resolution Time?

We all have the experience of setting resolutions in the beginning of the year and yet fail to achieve them.
Sometimes I think Chinese, or any culture with an extra 'New Year' according to their calenders, are lucky.
We have 1 more chance to start anew and 1 more reason to party!
Isn't that great? : )

This is perhaps a self-deception, but sometimes it is good to purposefully be silly or naive, just to add extra sweetness in life.
After all, no one dies from overdose of innocence/positivity/sweetness but PLENTY died of overthinking/ pressure/ anxiety and depression!
I know it's probably bad logic but you know I'm right! (God I sound like a mother now!)

This year, all plans of going abroad or chain-celebrations are cancelled because of my studies.
I have no complaints.
I am not the busiest one, I'm doing what I'm supposed to and I enjoy what I do.
The only complain I have is not enough time to enjoy the process fully!
Call me insane, but my final-year project is really my baby. (Now I'm sounding like a proud mum again!)

from Tumblr.com
So if we have to start doing something for a change, what should it be?
I haven't come up with any specific resolution, since I wanna be my best in every aspect possible.
But I guess that's the point: we have to be responsible to our own lives.
We have to live for ourselves, not just to impress or to live other's dreams.
No one has the obligation of bringing sweetness/ happiness/ purpose/ love/ whatever-good-thing into your life.
No, not your family or friends and not even your other half.
No one has the right to tell you how you should live. (Not even fortune tellers)
It's in your own hands. It's your life.

I have a suggestion for all of us this year: Trust yourself.
Go with your intuition or gut feelings. Be brave and let go of your fears.
If this is the year for changes, make them changes for the better!

Again, I wish all of you all the best in the year of Dragon.
Let's go on an adventure and have fun!
Fight hard and love hard!

Love,
N

P.S. This post sucks because there is no clear theme or focus.
I should really stop turning this blog into a personal blog!
But for the time being, please bear with me, my dear readers.
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment