Tuesday, April 10, 2012

'Maxi' Beaucoup!

Used to read dozens or even over a hundred of blogs on a daily basis but stopped doing that for months.
Finally able to do a bit of catching-up. (should be reading sth for school or clearing my to-read list though...)
Feeling a bit overwhelmed, didn't know I used to read THAT many blogs in 1 day.
Well, now I can't finish even half of the list of blogs I usually read.
Not that I lost interest, just that the weather is too fine to be wasted in front of the computer laptop!

Completely in love with the weather these days. The temperature and humidity are just right. Perfect.
I see many girls wearing shorts already. Obviously many of us can't wait for summer.
But for me, this summer is gonna be: maxi beaucoup!
Talking about maxi dresses, not that I misspelled the french word.
My obsession for maxi dress is so strong these years.
Love how comfy, simple, versatile, flowy and oh-so-summery maxi dresses are.
Just slip it on, add accessories to spice it up and you're ready to go.
And that sense of touch when soft fabrics brushing against naked skin....soooo good! 

I already have quite a number of  maxi dresses, usually single-coloured in black or grey or navy.
Last year I hated prints and soft pastel colors.
This year, even though pastel colors are in, I still dislike them. I'm back to prints, but trying out something different.
Already stocked 3 new maxi dresses for summer, all of them with very summery prints! Can't wait to wear them!

New trends of maxi dresses this summer:
1) Maxi dresses with slits. Show a bit of legs in a more laid-back but unexpected way, very nice. Definitely gonna try that out, should probably wear a bit of heels, if not high heels. Definitely getting the one I spotted in H&M: nice plain grey one with 2 not-very-high-slits, one on each side, need to get a smaller size for a more fitted cut.

2) Sheer maxi dresses with a mini skirt inside. This trend started last year and is carrying through to this summer. Still, it is a 'no' for me. No way, won't even try. Sheer should be classy and/or sexy and feminine. And now I see girls wearing sheer maxi-s with mini skirts inside and pair with Dr. Martins-type-of-boots. As if it's not bad enough, the fabric is usually too heavy, thick and not soft at all. It's more like they are wearing ballet tutus than fairy-like, dreamy sheer dress. For sheer clothing, always pick the softest fabric available for the flow-y, light effect. Always.

3) Asymmetrical maxi dresses: knee-length or mini in front and a longer tail at the back. Need to be a bit more careful with the balancing of the entire outfit. Not really the style that I like, but I've spotted a black one in Zara which I really like. The one from Zara: soft fabric, fitted, very flattering cut, with sheer lace on both sides of the waist to show a bit of skin and the curves. Would only wear it with a pair of black 4-inch-or-plus killer high heels. One bad thing about it: the short-sleeves, it'd be perfect if it is in mid-length sleeves.

Still struggling about what to wear for tomorrow: maxi dress or no maxi dress?
Figuring out what to wear is one of the eternal struggles for women.
My dear readers, thanks for reading. Merci beaucoup. :)
Will update and add pictures later.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment