Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mamma Mia!

Except the fact that we went to one of the places which I dislike the most, last night's date was pretty good.
Whenever I go to that shopping mall, I just want to leave.
No idea why, but let's blame it on the 'energy', as if I believe in such a thing.
Then Starbucks saved our date, spent a couple of hours talking which is exactly what we need.
Felt like we turned back in time and moved forward at the same time, which is great.

When I got home, my family was watching Mamma Mia.
Such a good movie/musical that I haven't grown tired of (yet).
The moment I kicked off my shoes, I was already singing along and twirling, since I know most of the songs by heart. And since I know that would give an extra bit of entertainment for my family.
Made my teenage brother dance with me.
At his age, everything is 'embarrassing'.
Said to him, 'I know, I have said the same (bullshit), but it's time for dance'.
I know in the future, he'll have good memories about, to quote from him, his 'crazy sister making him do insane and embarrassing things'.
He'll thank me later, and it's not that I do this on a daily basis! :)

One of my favourite songs in Mamma Mia: 'Slipping through my Fingers', that mixture of love, pride and melancholy parents feel when their children grow up and eventually leave them. 
Mum and dad were talking about whether they would cry on my wedding day, if I ever get married.
Such a precious moment when I squeezed in between my parents and sang this song with them.
They live ordinary and quite boring lives, nothing great and nothing remarkable.
They don't nag and lecture me on 'how to live/be a good person'. But they live by example.
How lucky I am to have parents like them.

Another song from the movie which I also like a lot: 'The Winner Takes it All'
The lyrics is simple and clear enough to be self-explanatory.
Reality, rules, destiny, the tricks of life, missed opportunities, memories, "what-if"s and "I wish"s...
The winner takes it all. C'est la vie.
I should stop, before memories unleash.

I heard a saying which goes like this: 'Earth' without 'art' is just 'eh'.
Musicals is a great form of art and entertainment for their combination of dance, music and drama. 
Really had a good time singing and twirling with my family, silly but great fun.
'To make people we love smile'--a good enough reason for us to do silly things, not out of our stupidity but out of love.
Um...Okay, maybe both. :P

Be happy & simple.
Love as hard as you can & dance like there's no one watching. :)

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment