Monday, July 2, 2012

Hello from Los Angeles!

Taking long haul flights is a terribly exhausting thing, esp that my travel agent didn't reserve aisle or window seats for us.
So basically, for more than 10 hours, we were trapped by strangers.
There was a girl next to us that basically was dead asleep all through the 12 hours. And because she didn't even move, we were trapped.
Couldn't sleep very well on the plane and the entertainment system was broken (lucky me), I was so bored but people around me were all asleep. 
I was completely trapped. Lucky me.

Then all of a sudden, the thought 'taking long haul flights is awkward and intimidating' came to me.
Imagine, you are actually surrounded by over a hundred completely strangers who are sleeping. Most of us are so exhausted that we couldn't care less about what we wear, how we look, etc. And with the long hours of flying, I'm sure some of the passengers didn't take a shower before they board and didn't brush their teeth during the flight.

Even though I showered before the flight, I feel dirty after flying twice, a total of 15 hrs.
And probably I'm looking as terrible as they do.
Think about it, it is actually...ew!

But luckily that doesn't affect my mood.
Well, LA is not as beautiful as I thought. Most of the places are old and empty.
I actually think Turkey is way way way more beautiful and looking more 'developed' than here.
The weather is lovely, warm and dry though a bit chill at night and early in the morning.
Such a low humidity means my hair is perfect: no frizzy hair. Yet, not good for the skin.

I actually ate more Chinese food here than I do at home, which is awkward.
For the past few days, we had Chinese food, Hong Kong style Cha Chan Tang, Korean BBQ, Taiwan food, Vietnamese Pho and will having Japanese food tomorrow.
Feel like I'm in the States? No. More like I'm in a part of China with cleaner streets and without the stinky smell.
And 90% of people I see are Chinese or Asians. 
Well, for those who know me, think of how I describe Chinese.
I'm actually right, am I not? I'm mean. :)

Went to a few places already. And so far my favorite places are the 2 art museums that we visited.
Anyone who loves photography, esp photos of architecture, would love the place. 
Absolutely gorgeous. I could spend an entire day there. 
Too bad I'm not alone so I can't stay too long... 

And I went to the university that my cousin used to study at.
Funny feeling that I'm going to the places that he used to be at, used to study and used to live.
I still miss him.

My dear readers,
Teach me how to not gain weight from the trip. 
Food is so cheap here that it basically costs nothing.
No, healthy food cost but junk food are very cheap.
This is completely sick and wrong.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my trip in general.
And have I told you the best way to cure a jet lag? 
Go straight to downtown for a walk and shopping.
Didn't go on a spree, just got myself a pendant.
 
Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment