Friday, July 13, 2012

Being A Sporty Tourist in San Francisco

For those who know me in person, you know that I'm not a sporty girl.
So, surprise! I did some sport today.
Went cycling for 5 to 6 hours straight, to visit a few tourist spots.
Okay, okay, you got me. 
I don't know how to ride a bike. 
I was on a tandem bike so I don't have to do any balancing.
But technically, I did cycled today, just that I wasn't the one controlling the directions.
Okay, that is not what this post is supposed to be about.

The highlight of this on-a-bike-sightseeing day was crossing the Golden Gate Bridge in the fog.
It was very windy (my hair went crazy, hundred times more crazy than my usual crazy hair).
It was very cold, freezing cold. 
We believed that it was less than 10 degrees celsius on the bridge. 
So cold that I couldn't feel my fingers. My lips and nose tip were icy cold.

I stood on the side of the bridge, the wind was roaring.
I looked into a distance, nothing but a thick thick layer of fog.
I looked down, just the ocean with waves.
I read it just yesterday that the Golden Gate Bridge is a popular site for suicides--a person a week, on average.
I looked down again, thinking 'deadly height' and 'it must be freezing, the wind and the icy cold water'.
Then I thought 'why can't people put up nets along the bridge to prevent suicide attempts? That could save lives!'
I wish they did.

Anyway, picture time.
'Topless' Golden Gate Bridge
Very foggy
Fog descending from the mountain, after we reached the other side of the bridge
View on the bridge
My thighs and butt are so sore that I can barely move now. 
Still feeling the burning sensation.
Climbing up the stairs in the hotel is so painful. Ouch!
One good thing about living in a cheap hotel above the bars--free music.
Tonight they're playing jazz. (thank god it's not those party electro music again!)
The jazz performance tonight is good. They are playing well. 
Love it!

Goodnight my dear readers.
More updates tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment