Friday, July 27, 2012

Live Jazz

One of the many things that make my stay enjoyable is the live jazz in CoHo, the coffee house.
Every night, 10 to 12.
Live jazz gigs are only available during the Jazz Workshops (summer camps) and the Stanford Jazz Festival.

As I type, I'm sharing this lovely live music and cozy atmosphere with a few dozens people.
I love it when the audiences know and truly like what they are listening to.
I love the subtle playfulness of bebop and how the improvised parts always surprise and amuse me.
I love it when the audience catch the humor of the tune, smile to those particularly well-played notes, knows exactly when to clap or 'woohoo!', tap their feet and sway to the music, etc etc.
All because they are so focused and into the music. 
Just like me, if not more.

This is not the place for work or read or conversation.
Those talented musicians know how to steal your attention, with those brilliantly played tunes that make you stop whatever you are doing and turn to stare at them.
Looking at these young musicians who are more or less my age, I wish I could be as talented as they are.
Excellent music :)


Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment