Monday, February 20, 2012

On Being Childlike and Animated Movies

Simple pleasure of the day: Animated movies.
 
Kinematograf by Tomasz Bagiński
Just know about this remarkable Polish self-taught artist and animator: Tomasz Bagiński, and his compelling works.
Exquisite drawings, very detailed and complex. But the most amazing part is the music, excellent match and really leads my emotions.

His work isn't as joyous and childlike as Pixar's or Disney's work, but equally fascinating, just in different ways.

I'm sure many of you have watched an animated film by Pixar or Disney.
Among all Pixar productions, 'Up' is my favorite.
Don't ask me about Disney productions, I simply have too many favourites: Ratatouille, The Incredibles, and so many more!

Ok, I must confess that I love animated movies.
Many of us relate animated movies or cartoons with childishness and being silly.
Being childlike is different from being childish. You can be childlike without being childish.
Our grown-up society has undervalued childlike qualities.
And I think it's one of the biggest mistakes that our society has made.
Creativity, gratitude, curiosity, play, daring to make mistakes, laughing at your own mistakes, try again...
Aren't these qualities precious and wonderful?
I would never forget my dream to establish a children's therapy centre...


I'm not trying to preach 'Let's all be carefree kids again!', I'm not naive, I know we can't stay kids forever.
We all know we can't be carefree in reality, we face real problems in real life.
But sometimes we are too serious that it's not helping us in any way.
I know I have childlike qualities, and I'm not ashamed of the inner child in me.
As I grow, I appreciate these childlike qualities even more.
I hope I won't lose them as I continue to grow and enter the grown-up world.

One of the most important life lessons is to learn how to be at peace with yourself.
If you happen to have childlike qualities as well, you'd understand very well how your inner child can be in conflict with the reality.
That 'struggling & suppressed' feeling is terrible.
Your inner child is rarely appreciated and most of the time suppressed.
You don't wanna grow up, but you can't slow it down either, you can only tell yourself  'C'est la vie/ This is life...'
If you ever feel that way, please remember:
Stay who you are.
And, you are not alone. : )

P.S. It's an old information but still encouraging: National Geographic brought the Up balloon house into reality.
Thanks for reading.
Should get back to my readings and work now.

Much love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment