Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Time's Up, Pens Down

As I finished my very last examination, my life as a full-time student also came to an end.
In my 2-hr Security Studies exam, I repeated wrote words like 'survival', 'threat', 'uncertainty', 'security', 'fear' and 'strategy'.

For the first 30min or an hour after my final examination, I only wanted to say, 'Hello, summer!'
All in my mind are my summer trips.
Well, the excitement did not last.

After the brief hour of excitement, things I wrote in my exam came back to me: 'uncertainty, insecurity and fear'--pretty much how I feel about losing the identity as a full-time student.
Being a student makes up the largest part of my life and now it's gone.
So this is actually a bit of an identity crisis, isn't it?

Well, end of an identity could be something nice as well.
Particularly when the end of it means you no longer get defined or constrained by what people expect of the identity.
Those rules, regulations, hierarchy or conduct.
While you get privileges of being a student, like discounts etc, there are also things you can't do as a student.
And now, I am free.
Good to have more freedom, but that also means fewer rule, and I like to break rules.
Breaking rules for more freedom, having more freedom but no rules to break. Such a paradox, isn't it?

No idea how the world of full-time work is like yet, but now I really wanna:
1) go back in time and start all over again
2) apply next year and go back to studying
Goal for the next 1 or 2 years: go back to university and be a student again.
Working in an university or research centre is such an ideal job for someone like me.
Wish I'm smarter or good enough to get what I want...

Anyway, end of student life doesn't mean end of learning.
I'm most certain that learning is a part of me that will never go away.
I'm just born curious.
And I hope work wont kill my curiosity and creativity (limited), because those are the parts of me that I like to keep as long as I live.

End of student life, what's next?
1) Chain traveling
2) Work: 1st day of work tomorrow!

Readers, stay curious.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment