Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Letter to My Baby (2)

My dearest baby project,

I couldn't possibly write in the acknowledgments: 'My gratitude goes to my project.' It would be awkward. But really, I'm grateful and proud to have a baby of my own.

You have led me on a wonderful journey, or rather you are the fruit of my wonderful journey.
Both ways are true.
You have no idea how much you have given me:
the pleasure (and pressure),
the satisfaction of learning so much new things (and the dissatisfaction for my limited intelligence and my excessive talent in procrastination),
the joy of doing what I'm curios and interested in.

But the best thing is: the people that you have brought me to know.
If it wasn't you, how on earth could I meet them?!
Not only did you bring me to them, but also allowed me to know some of them much better and much deeper.
And this is something I will never forget.

Thank you, my baby, for:
-making me proud
-letting me to know myself better
-bringing me to new people
-knowing people in much greater depth
-encouraging my curiosity so much that I can freely submerge myself in my quest for knowledge
-inspiring and motivating me to carry on and be who I am

The adventure hasn't end.
I'm still exploring this another world which works according to a different set of rules.
You know, I'm not a full believer of what they claim to achieve.
I'm just pathetically,terribly curious that I want to see for myself before I decide what to believe.
Sort of like an extension of my research, but in the form of on-site participant observation.
 But what I am doing comes from you. (Well, technically you come from a paper I did for my Foundations of IR class.)
Anyway.

My heartbeat is racing just by thinking about what is going to happen today.
Even though you are not the best, you are always my baby.
 Baby, make mommy proud. :)

Love,
N (totally obsessed with her project)

PS. Lesson learnt: Dan Ariely is absolutely right.
To make someone attach or make them devote completely, make the thing theirs.
This is why I love my baby so much.
So that's why I get this new project at work--so as to make me a devoted cheap labour?
Wicked boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment