Friday, June 22, 2012

Go for It, Girl!

K was offered a wonderful job. 
It is the perfect plan for her--going abroad, accommodation and meals provided, have a paid job, going to take language courses.
The best thing? She's going to the exact country & exact city where her boyfriend lives.
Goodbye, long-distance relationship.
Even though the job itself is not very well-paid and it's gonna be hard work, I honestly think this is the best plan for her.
It is even better than winning a lottery.

So today, this post is dedicated to her.
Here is to my best girl friend and one of my dearest persons on earth:
Congratulations, my dear!
I'm truly excited and happy for you. So excited that I couldn't find the right words to express it.
The last time I was this happy for you was when you got into relationship with B.
Seeing you being so happily in love with a good guy who treats you right makes me feel so happy as well.
You have been so much more than a friend to me. More like a sister really.

It is exactly because you are so dear to me, I now have mixed feelings.
On one hand, I'm really happy that such a wonderful thing happened to you.
This opportunity could change your life.
You can build your career and have a job that you enjoy.
You two can spend more time with each other and see if you two are right for each other.
You can explore and live according to a lifestyle that you've always wanted.
Girl, this is a great opportunity, the possibilities are endless.

On the other hand, I understand why your mom is sad--I can't imagine not seeing you.
It really makes me cry, literally, just to imagine not being able to go shopping with you, hug you, try out new restaurants with you, have girls talk with you, cook with you, stay on the phone for hours talking about everything and anything, have fun with you, telling you my subtly extreme things and thoughts...
We still have so many things that we should do together but we haven't! 

All of a sudden I remembered what you said to Lui Lui.
That time when the 3 of us went to a Korean restaurant?
That years from now, maybe you and I would visit her together.
And by that time, we'd both be happily married to the loves of our lives and each have a baby in our arms.
That moment when I recall the conversation, I really can't help but cried.
Will that day come? Where will it take place?
Maybe the next time we gonna visit her, the kimchi we eat would be made by YOU!
Maybe one day, your cookery skill would surpass mine significantly.
Maybe you'll be happily married and I'd be just miserable.*
*Note to boyfriend: don't take it personal, it's just a pessimistic thought about myself, not about our relationship nor your ability to give me happy marriage life.
Note to future husband: let's be happily married, ok?
You will be occupied by work, your relationship and make new friends...
I don't wanna be 'a girl that you used to know'... :'(
What would we be like in 5 years' time? 10 years' time? and more? 
I miss you.
Your petite-ness, your pink air when you are happy or in love, your bright smile, your sweet voice, your shitty face when you get angry or annoyed, your wild-horse style of handwriting, your love for bright colors, your calls to wake me up and everything.
I already miss you.


You know I hate smart phones with touch screen because of my love for buttons and my strong/stubborn belief that 'the sense of touch is too important for me and I can't lose it'.
Even though almost everyone are using smart phones with the damn touch screen, I have no doubts about my belief on the sense of touch thing.
I would use keyboard phones for as long as I could, given that there are nice mobile phone models available. But if you are really going abroad, I'm going to SERIOUSLY consider using a smart phone to stay in touch with you. 

Girl, this IS a big thing for me--sacrificing my sense of touch, suffering the torture of stupid autocorrects and risking to be so easily accessible to the rest of the world (a.k.a. risking to break my image as mysterious).
See how important you are to me?

Girl, it's gonna be an adventure. 
Even though you have this stranger phobia, you are actually a surprisingly brave girl. (You know why I'm saying this.)
As long as you are happy, I'm going to be happy for you as well.
You have my full support.
There will be tough times when you think you won't be able to make it without family and friends around and you'd feeling lonely and powerless, but please remember:
No matter where you are going to be, you know my blessings are always always with you.
I love you.

Love & hug,
N

P.S. This is crazy. I'm dropping tears and smiling at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment