Monday, January 21, 2013

Mirage

A poem I wrote after I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt sick.
The physical discomfort stirred things up in my mind.

I must be either having a dream or seeing hallucinations, or simply missing somebody too much.
This is my way of saying 'I wish you were here next to me. I need you'.

This poem is for the people I dream about.

-------

Mirage

The chill of the night,
the absence of light,
leave my head pounding,
cheeks burning
and a fever I can't fight.

Under the moonbeam I see,
you standing in the shade.
Do you come to be with me?
Or in the next moment away you'll fade?

Are you a ghost or a phantom;
that falling leaf
I try to catch in autumn?

The burn in my throat so unbearable,
I utter words so soft almost inaudible.
I hear myself say
'dear, love, please stay.'

There you are walking towards me.
Your palms against my cheeks,
as if I am rare and dear.
A kiss planted on my forehead,
with tenderness you whisper,
'hush, for I am here.
Time to go to bed.'

No longer do I fight,
my flight in the night,
with lightness like a kite.

The night swallows me
and then she spits me out.
Over a cup of tea,
I ask myself,
'what was it all about?'

This is nothing but a dream,
just a beautiful mirage it seems.

-------------
Dear readers,
Ever had a similar dream-or-reality experience?
I hope you like my poem.
Time to go to bed.
Sleep tight and sweet dreams, everyone.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment