Thursday, August 9, 2012

Counting Down

As you are reading, I'm spending the last few days of my vacation in South Korea.
This is my last summer holidays as a student.
These 2 months just passed like a blink of an eye.
Turkey, USA, South Korea. Such a journey.
The idea of going back to reality very soon makes my stomach churns.
This has been a great escape from my real life--uncertainty and fear for the future and the need to answer a big and necessary question 'where am I to go?'

As much as I want to, I can't escape from real life back at home, with all its beauty and its troubles.
Is it true that one does not need a vacation when there is nothing to escape from?
Is a vacation an escape? An adventure? A break to breathe fresh air and refresh one's senses, soul and mind? A journey to rediscover oneself and have new experience?
Probably all of the above.

If life is a journey, the end of this summer marks the beginning of another adventure in my life: working.
To be honest, I don't like changes.
I'm the status-quo type of person.
Changes freak me out.
This post is perhaps written just to remind myself that change is the inevitable nature of life.
And that changes might not be as scary as I thought they are.

Dear readers,
Is/are there any change(s) in your life or the near future?
Be it large or small, don't be stressed out.
It is gonna turn out to be good, as long as you face it bravely and positively.

And if you are planning to go on a vacation,
where to go and when are you leaving?
Beauty and inspiration are everywhere, as long as you pay attention and appreciate.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe one.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment