Friday, July 1, 2011

Love Your Neighbours as Yourself

I got a reply from the Civic Centre, but it's not very likely that I could do anything such large-scale like they are doing, all by myself.
So, I'm just gonna make it a little project with photographs and see how it goes.


The past couple days were rough; mainly filled with disappointment.
Then this quote just popped into my head:


'If you can think of times in your life that you’ve treated people with extraordinary decency and love, and pure uninterested concern, just because they were valuable as human beings. The ability to do that with ourselves. To treat ourselves the way we would treat a really good, precious friend. Or a tiny child of ours that we absolutely loved more than life itself. And I think it’s probably possible to achieve that. I think part of the job we’re here for is to learn how to do it'  ----David Foster Wallace


Have I been treating myself the way I treat who I thought to be precious?
Um...not really.



Inspirations:
1. Before I Die I want to treat people with extraordinary decency and love, and pure uninterested concern, just because they were valuable as human beings.
2. Before I Die I want to treat myself exactly the way I mentioned above.


Love & bisous (since I'm taking up French again :P),
N

No comments:

Post a Comment