Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thoughts of You

Sometimes when someone stirs a world of emotions in you, it becomes so intense that you can barely stand to be with them.
When you only want to be left alone but at the same time crave only a hug from that same person who caused you so much misery.
Does it make sense at all?

I am in a relationship which more and more I realize is too much.

Desperately I want to leave and shut the world behind me.
And just hide myself in bed--replaying everything he said, everything we did.

With every thought that passes my mind, the heavier the sinking feeling grows; the feeling that it could only get worse and I'm not gonna be okay for a very very long time.
Because losing someone isn't just an event.
It doesn't happen just once--it happens over and over and over again.

I lose you every time I think of your smile.
I lose you every time I spend a day without telling you things and hearing your voice back.
I lose you every time I hear a song we listened and sang together, note by note.
I lose you every time I think of holding you, kissing you and hugging you.
I lose you every time when I open my eyes from sleep, just to find out you were only in my dream and the touches I felt weren't real.

I lose you in thousands of ways and in every way possible.
You are in everything I see, your shadow in every corner of my world.
And with every thought of you, I am paralyzed and die a little more inside, bit and bit.

When I could finally get a moment of peace, something strikes and I begin to lose you over again.
When that happens, I go back and hide myself.
I want to be left alone--with nothing but the thoughts of you.

And the cycle repeats.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment